It sure is hot out there, news reports say we will get to 101 this afternoon.
Here are some tips to keep cool during this hot day:
- Protect yourself from the sun- wear sunscreen, cover up with a long sleeve shirt, and hat.
- Check your local UV Index here: http://www.epa.gov/sunwise/uvindex.html#lookup
- Look at your car- Green Vehicle Guide Smog is at its highest levels during the summer. Tailpipe emissions from cars and trucks account for almost half of the air pollution in the United States. You may be surprised to know that you have cleaner more fuel-efficient choices in any vehicle size you need, even an SUV. Find out for yourself. Go to the Green Vehicle Guide to find the cleanest, most fuel efficient vehicle that meets your needs. (taken from epa.gov)
- When mowing your yard: Recycle grass. Don't pick up the grass clippings after you mow. Clippings will return nutrients and moisture to the soil. Consider buying a mulching lawn mower. This will cut the grass clippings finer and blow them into the lawn. (taken from epa.gov)
- Keep track of the drought restrictions- In this time of year it is especially important to watch your water usage. You want to make sure to follow all regulations; if not for the environment, then for the fines! First time fines can be up to $100, and repeating fines go up from there! Here is a link for more information: http://www.saws.org/latest_news/NewsDrill.cfm?news_id=600
Have a great day SA!